A Healthy Mind For A Healthy Body
The Educational Director is required to supervise over the entire pre-school’s children, manage the staff and teach classes. This person will also assume the duties of the Executive Director, in her absence.
Supervision and evaluation of all pre-school staff members.
· Provision of in service training and enforcement of program and personnel policy.
· Maintenance supervision of the facility, equipment, and supplies.
· Provision of periodic verification that the facility is in compliance with all licensing regulations and requirements (*i.e. fire drills, emergency exits, classroom capacity, etc.)
· Development of an appropriate curriculum as well as a system for teacher evaluation of each child’s progress.
· Encouragement of parent participation in pre-school extracurricular activities such as trips, performances, etc.…
· Provision of as many resources as possible, aimed at the enhancement of the growth and development of each child in care.
The Teacher must be professional and prepared as an educator in the field of Early Childhood Education.
· Implementing the pre-school’s curriculum as required, as well as, the daily activities designed to meet the goals, objectives and philosophy of the center’s program.
· Establishment of a learning environment that will aid the children in social, emotional and intellectual growth.
· Instruction, maintenance, recording and evaluation of each child and their performance in the classroom.
· Assistance to parents understanding of and involvement in their children’s curriculum, growth and development outside of the classroom.
· Cooperation with staff members, assistants, volunteers and parents. As they all play a significant role in the development that will occur in our pre-school’s children.
The Teacher Assistant will aid the Teacher in all facets of his/her responsibilities. T/A must be at least 18 years of age, speak fluent English and be able to relate professionally and respectfully to children, other staff and parents.
· Assistance to Teacher, in the implementation of daily curriculum and activities.
· Assistance in supervision over children and the routine upkeep of the classroom.
· Preparation of materials needed for children’s various assignments.
· Continual advancement of his/her knowledge and skill in the field of Early Childhood Education.
· Attendance in field related training sessions to facilitate ECE advancement.
· Attendance in staff meetings (as requested).
· Cooperation/collaboration with fellow staff members as necessary.
· Floating* duties as necessary.
*(meaning occasional performance of random center duties on a fill-in basis)