The Teacher Assistant will aid the Teacher in all facets of his/her responsibilities. T/A must be at least 18 years of age, speak fluent English and be able to relate professionally and respectfully to children, other staff and parents.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assistance to Teacher, in the implementation of daily curriculum and activities.
- Assistance in supervision over children and the routine upkeep of the classroom.
- Preparation of materials needed for children’s various assignments.
- Continual advancement of his/her knowledge and skill in the field of Early Childhood Education.
- Attendance in the field related training session to facilitate ECE advancement.
- Attendance in staff meetings (as requested).
- Cooperation/ collaboration with fellow staff members as necessary.
- Floating* duties as necessary.
*(meaning occasional performance of random center duties on a fill-in basis)